ATI or Giesemann?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm in the market for some new bulbs and these seem like where it's at haha.

I'm looking for a bluer looking tank, its a little white for my tastes right now.. Im running 2 10k, and 2 actinics.

I don't know much about either bulb brand, so choosing bulbs is kinda hard haha, what would y'all suggest? For good coral growth (I have zoas, palys, frogspawn, gsp, sunflower coarl, a leather, mushrooms) and a good blue-ish look?

Thanks!!

I was unsure about doing Giesemann or ATI when getting my lights. They are both excellent lights and grow coral just fine. Both have great reviews and similar prices. I got the ATI bulbs though b/c when I bought the light fixture I got 25% off and they are slightly cheaper anyway and just as good. I have 6 bulbs: 2 are blue plus, 3 are the aquablue special (which is white w/ a tint of blue) and one purple plus. It's not overly blue nor too white, but in the middle and the corals definitely pop. A good combo for you would be 2 aquablue specials and 2 aquablues or true actinics.

obscurereef said:
I was unsure about doing Giesemann or ATI when getting my lights. They are both excellent lights and grow coral just fine. Both have great reviews and similar prices. I got the ATI bulbs though b/c when I bought the light fixture I got 25% off and they are slightly cheaper anyway and just as good. I have 6 bulbs: 2 are blue plus, 3 are the aquablue special (which is white w/ a tint of blue) and one purple plus. It's not overly blue nor too white, but in the middle and the corals definitely pop. A good combo for you would be 2 aquablue specials and 2 aquablues or true actinics.

Great info! I like the sound of how the ATI's look, sounds right what i'm looking for:)

I went with the giesmann. They're really awesome. I use 4 actinics 4 aquablue and the tank is this color when all lights are on. Excuse the algae :p

Attachments

• image-1609185593.jpg
    image-1609185593.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 146
crister13 said:
I went with the giesmann. They're really awesome. I use 4 actinics 4 aquablue and the tank is this color when all lights are on. Excuse the algae :p

Looks good!!

I'm considering going with ATI, either 2 aquablue or coralplus(one if each?), and then 2 blueplus, or 1 blueplus and 1 purpleplus.

What do y'all think? I'm looking for good coral "pop", and for all colors to get brought out. And just to be clear its a 4 bulb fixture.

Back
Top Bottom