Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Question ATO Plus Kalk ??

I ordered the rest of what I need for my ATO system. I have decided to add kalk to the ATO and have some questions:

1. If I raise the ATO pump off the bottom of the RO supply tank 2 inches, can I place Kalk in the supply tank itself and mix there?

2. Should I mix the Kalk first and then pour into the ATO tank?

3. My PH is usually pretty stable , 7.98 morning , 8.09 evenings. Can I mix Kalk and come up with a ratio to 15 gal. of top off water to just maintain PH at 8.2 average?

4. Should I place a second small pump in the ATO sump on a timer to stir from time to time?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Photo Contest Winners

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.