Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Attaching Hose to Spray Head Faucet

I just moved into a new apartment in NYC. My kitchen sink uses a pullout faucet spray head (almost identical to this: DANCO Center Pullout Faucet Spray Head in Brushed Nickel-10409 - The Home Depot)

Has anyone out there had success with attaching a vacuum hose to this type of faucet? I can't imagine I'm the first person out there with this problem. Appreciate any and all advice.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know what you're referring to. I have a similar issue with mine and tried in vain to come up with the proper fitting(s) to make it work. I'll admit I only searched the big box places and didn't venture into a "plumbing only" store, as I presumed by going to a specific store the price would be way more than its worth. I went the cheap method and got another section of hose, a coupler to connect the two, and ran it to the next available sink.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Old 01-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Go to your local Ace Hardware, and take the piece you are trying to attach. Mine was a Python, but you may be using something different. You will have to take the head off your spray nozzle, and be sure not to let it get sucked back up in there. I put a chip clip on mine. But the Home Depot/Lowes people will be of no help, if you can even find one. I will be glad to attach a picture of mine if you'd like.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmom View Post
Go to your local Ace Hardware, and take the piece you are trying to attach. Mine was a Python, but you may be using something different. You will have to take the head off your spray nozzle, and be sure not to let it get sucked back up in there. I put a chip clip on mine. But the Home Depot/Lowes people will be of no help, if you can even find one. I will be glad to attach a picture of mine if you'd like.

yes, that would be great if you could attach a few pictures of your setup. I think the hookup is substantially similar for all of the vacuum hoses.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420678358.951872.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	260315this is my Python attachment. There are three pieces used to make the green piece attach to my faucet. Pic of faucet next.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420678485.986872.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	260316here is faucet. The head comes off of the line, and the Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420678561.897657.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	260317metal piece attaches the two together. But I use a chip clip, to keep the hose from disappearing back up into the faucet. You can get it back out, it is just a pain.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Attaching Hose to Spray Head Faucet

Has anyone tried to attach it to a bath tub spout?

Or this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
chi, hose, ray

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com