Auto feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apotocki

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to be going on vacation in about a month for a week and would like to get an auto-feeder. Anyone have experience with these? Also, and probably more importantly, how about recommendations for one? I want to be sure and get a good one......my tank is a 70 gallon tall and I have about 36 fish that like to eat!

Thanks

Although it doesn't really have much information.....just a recommendation for Ehiem (have to look into those) and talk of some feeder from WalMart (which I am not even remotely interested in!)

I can understand that... there isnt too many of them out there that are worth recommending other than the Ehiem though..
I would look at BigALs or one of the other big retailers.. maybe hagan or another company I would trust has started making one..

Thanks...ordered an Ehiem from Big Al's this morning....if it works well, I'll probably order another.

Can you mix foods in the feeder? I.e. - I typically feed both TetraMin Pro flakes and Bio Blend pellets both morning and evening.....could I mix those in one feeder?........I also feed OSI Shrimp pellets and an algae wafer every other day at night (I know I'd need a separate feeder for that)

apotocki said:
Thanks...ordered an Ehiem from Big Al's this morning....if it works well, I'll probably order another.

Can you mix foods in the feeder? I.e. - I typically feed both TetraMin Pro flakes and Bio Blend pellets both morning and evening.....could I mix those in one feeder?........I also feed OSI Shrimp pellets and an algae wafer every other day at night (I know I'd need a separate feeder for that)

Yeah, you can mix foods as long as the food is not to big to not fit out the feeder. For example, you would really have to open the feeder for the algea wafers, and you would probably get 50 shrimp pellets falling out at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom