Auto off valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LandLocked

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a RO filter that I fill a 5g bucket with a heater in it for WC's, float valve in the bucket and the problem is with the auto off valve. I tried and tried to get it working the way all directions and info says to but it just kept running, filled a bucket with waste even with a ball valve closing the product line. Only way I could get it working was to use the auto valve to cut off both waste and permeate after the membrane, not cut permeate after and tap before like I see the directions showing. Is this hurting my membrane in any way to keep it under pressure like that. Most of the time it's only in that state for a couple hours a week, I try to do all that stuff on weekends so most of the week it just sits with the flow turned off but full of water.
Why can't I get it to function the correct way, seller said maybe I have too low water pressure but I'm not sure and no my filter has no gauge.
Haha forgot pics.

image-2211002704.jpg

image-1990176676.jpg

Yep that was one of them I watched. In my searching I found other people claiming they couldn't get the auto valve working. If anyone reads this try it before you give up.
Far as I can tell the only real difference is that my way puts the waste side of the membrane under pressure as opposed to pressurizing the product line then cutting off all water TO the membrane to make the waste stop. Ima roll with it and hopefully it's not hurting anything, no chatter or anything it just shuts right down.

Back
Top Bottom