auto temp control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for a device that will turn my fans on when the temp gets so high and will turn my heaters on when them gets to low. I have seen one but it was 200 dollars. I have just solved my auto top off dilema, now I am looking for a solution to this problem.

I have a heater with an external temp controller and it keeps my temps right where I want them(80-81) and I run the cooling fans on the same timer as when my lighting comes on. I really could not see spending alot of money just to have the fans come on and off. I would just have them come on when your lighting does.

i agress i have a computer fan that is hooked up to my lights. When they turn on it turns on and when they turn off they turn off. Keeps my temps great to. :D

I am doing the same thing right now, but I would like to have the fans on only when I need to, plus I have had trouble with the temp control of the heaters, they are inacurate. I was wundering if there was a device that controlled this stuff.

There are, but as you have seen they don't come cheap... Medusa temperature controllers are among the best there is... Though they are used with chillers and heaters...

I think you can make a very simple circuit yourself if you are handy with electronics. All you really need is a temperature cut-off thermistor, like the one at the following link, and some simple wiring and resistors. If your fans are DC (like computer fans) and use a few amps or less, it should be relatively straightforward.

http://www.thermodisc.com/productDetail.asp?ProductID=2

I run my fans all the time since I have 400W MH lighting!

Back
Top Bottom