auto top off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
ondering if i can run a hose straight from rodi to tank using an auto shut off so i dont have to fill resivor every week? is there a reason not too?

Theres def a reason. What happens if your float switch fails and the rodi unit gets stuck in the on position? Itll keep filling the tank till someone shuts it off, causing a drop in sg, temp, and pretty mich kill everything. Dont do it

what if i put a tank next to sump to hold rodi water and i had the auto top off going to there from rodi unit and then have a pump in there set up to sump like regular auto top off?

That would work. Just make sure you have auto shut off with float switch in your ato tank..

what if i put a tank next to sump to hold rodi water and i had the auto top off going to there from rodi unit and then have a pump in there set up to sump like regular auto top off?

So you want to go from the ro/di to a holding tank and then the holding tank to the display? You run into the same issue there.... If the display float gets stuck in the on position the same thing will happen. How big of a reservoir are you using?

Back
Top Bottom