Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Auto top off/doser

Hey have any of you guys ever used this? If it does what it is advertised to do it seems like a pretty good deal...

KNOP Level Sensing Device Mini Dosing System

Let me know what you think!

th08tu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Seems fancy. I personally would just stick to a float switch with redundancy. (or just get a Tunze ATO with the optical sensor. Really cool device! Especially when it's on the used rack for 20 bucks. )

75G FOWLR Build

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking of doing a kind of reverse overflow, that would siphon water into the tank when the tank level drops, however I am still figuring out the logistics of this. My idea as of right know is putting a small container of fresh water at the same water level as the tank, and attaching it to the tank with a inverted U tube. That way once the water in the tank starts to drop, the water will balance itself out by drawing on water from the freshwater container. I am not sure this will work as I know the water will mix, but I don't know if I will get enough freshwater to compensate for the loss due to evaporation. Right now I am looking for the sensor you mention partypalooza, so thanks for the tip, but I am off work now with a few cracked ribs, so I would prefer DIY as it gives me something to do. Anyways thanks for the advice!
th08tu is offline   Reply With Quote

auto, auto top off, doser

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com