Auto top off help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
How does this work? Will I need to run my RO/DI from heater to tank? I know there's valves you have to buy but just wondering the main set up. Anyone have pics?

It can work in a variety of ways. Are you planing to have an auto top off reservoir that you fill periodically, or are you wanting plumb your RODI system directly into the tank?

It can work in a variety of ways. Are you planing to have an auto top off reservoir that you fill periodically, or are you wanting plumb your RODI system directly into the tank?

I would rather not run the rodi through the house. I didn't know where was a way to hook up a reservoir! Can you explain this a bit more?

I could use any type of bucket for the resovior right? I just have to buy the equipment right? Any brands recommended?

Yes, any container will work fine. I used a 10 gallon container made for potable water for an RV or horse trailer. I spray painted it black, and it sits behind my tower speaker so it blends in with the furniture. BRS has a great example of hiding a top off reservoir in a foot stool or ottoman.

I really like the systems from autotopoff.com. They work well and are priced great. You would definitely want a 2 switch system. You want redundancy or you could end up flooding the house.

I use an aqualifter pump that is controlled by the autotopoff.com system to move water from the reservoir to the sump.

I then use a hose that goes from my RODI Tanks in the laundry room to fill my reservoir, and for water changes.

Yes, any container will work fine. I used a 10 gallon container made for potable water for an RV or horse trailer. I spray painted it black, and it sits behind my tower speaker so it blends in with the furniture. BRS has a great example of hiding a top off reservoir in a foot stool or ottoman.

I really like the systems from autotopoff.com. They work well and are priced great. You would definitely want a 2 switch system. You want redundancy or you could end up flooding the house.

I use an aqualifter pump that is controlled by the autotopoff.com system to move water from the reservoir to the sump.

I then use a hose that goes from my RODI Tanks in the laundry room to fill my reservoir, and for water changes.

Seems a LOT simpler than I thought!! Thanks for the info!! I'll have room under my stand for it :)

Back
Top Bottom