Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Auto top off system

Hello everyone, I was interested in buying an auto top off. I've seen YouTube reviews and read amazon reviews on multiple top offs: hydor, jbj, tunze. All seem to have their pros and cons. The tunze seems to be the most reliable, but costs $200!!! Hydor is semi expensive but sensor is loud and annoying and will alarm constantly. Jbj looks to be the cheapest ($63 on amazon) but it has mixed reviews... Some say it's awesome and has worked for years, others say it gave up right away, or the sensors need to be replaced constantly. Has anyone here had a good experience with a particular brand of auto top off. I would really like to know as I will be away from home for roughly 10 days in a few months. Thanks in advance

Maridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just bought the Tunze, highly recommended. They also make a nano version for smaller tanks that is half the price of the "standard" ATO.

The JBJ doesn't include a pump, so you need to take that into account when comparing prices.

20 gallon nano-reef torn down to make way for the 40B Reef. I also have two 5 gallon fresh
dmolavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been using a Tunze ATO for the last few years and it runs beautifully ,..they are very easy to adjust and they maintain a perfect water level,... The biggest problem with them is the initial cost,..other than that they're great!
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote

auto, auto top off, stem, system

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com