Auto top off system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, I was interested in buying an auto top off. I've seen YouTube reviews and read amazon reviews on multiple top offs: hydor, jbj, tunze. All seem to have their pros and cons. The tunze seems to be the most reliable, but costs $200!!! Hydor is semi expensive but sensor is loud and annoying and will alarm constantly. Jbj looks to be the cheapest ($63 on amazon) but it has mixed reviews... Some say it's awesome and has worked for years, others say it gave up right away, or the sensors need to be replaced constantly. Has anyone here had a good experience with a particular brand of auto top off. I would really like to know as I will be away from home for roughly 10 days in a few months. Thanks in advance

I just bought the Tunze, highly recommended. They also make a nano version for smaller tanks that is half the price of the "standard" ATO.

The JBJ doesn't include a pump, so you need to take that into account when comparing prices.

I've been using a Tunze ATO for the last few years and it runs beautifully ,..they are very easy to adjust and they maintain a perfect water level,... The biggest problem with them is the initial cost,..other than that they're great!

Back
Top Bottom