Automatic Feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhammer

Aquarium Advice Regular
All, New to the forum, so hi to all. I'll be around here and there a bit. I have a 115G SW tank and looking at getting an automatic feeder. I'd like one that can be set up for a couple feedings a day. What's your choice?

Welcome to AA... im not a sw guy, yet, but i had the same question and i had 3 different lfs guys tell me that eheim made the best automatic feeders... im getting ready to get one, petco online has the 3581 for like $50 and its programmable for different intervals and can also do a "snack" just by pushing a button... im sure somebody here has alot more experience with them, just saw you hadnt had any replies... mainly just wanted to welcome you here...

Welcome to AA! :)

Unless you really have a need for one, I'd skip it. They can fail regardless of quality and the results are never good. Why do you need to feed them automatically? Are you going on vacation, out of tiwn etc? How long?

Yes, I travel a bit and the wife can get busy with the 4 kids. Thanks for the input.

I can definitely understand that! One thing that might work would be to portion out daily feedings in small ziploc baggies. That way you wouldn't need to worry about a catastrophic feeder failure and it would be quicker and easier for your wife to feed them.

Three feeding a day is alot of feedings. I would at the most feed once a day but I`ve fed my tank every other day for 11 + yrs now. Keeps down on the excessive nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom