Automatic Top off from basement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gordemer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have seen lots of ATO controllers, but most require the water source to be at the same level as the sump.

I know that I can put a pump in the RO storage container and pump it to the tank, but all the controllers I ahve seen have the head, level senors and power in a unit that must be at the sump itself. The pump is in the container in the basement.

Do I put the controller in the basement with the pump and somehow extend the cables for the level controllers. Do I leave the head and level controllers at the sump and find a way to run an extension cable power from the head to the basement.

This isn't a large tank, its only 90 gallons, so looking for any suggestions for ATO with the source water is down in the basement (10foot head). Only need about a 1 1/2 gallons a day.

Thanks

Check with www.aquariumwaterfilters.com . They have a line of ATO's from Oceanus that will do what you want to do. You can either run the water thru a shut off solenoid or you can buy a unit that will turn your pump on and off. I've installed a couple of their systems and have had excellent luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom