Azoo Battery Backup Pump vs. UPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaydro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm a newbie who got a 25 gal Eclipse show combo for Christmas. As a computer guy who has an APC battery back-up, having something to keep my aquarium going during a power outage seems like a good idea. My first inclination is to get an APC battery back-up (I know most of the affordable ones aren't actual uninterruptible power supplies), but I know I need to get one that provides true sine-wave output because that's what AC electric motors like. But could I afford one that could run the system for 28 hours? The Eclipse filter motor draws about 20 watts.

I mention that because then there's the Azoo Battery Backup Pump. It says it will run for 28 hours on battery power in a 50 seconds on, 50 seconds off mode. That sounds great. And especially since I was considering the possibility of toning down the turbulence from the outflow of my Eclipse filter in order to make it more angelfish friendly, I might need some oxygenation supplementation anyway. The drawbacks are: It may add more clutter to the clean design of my Eclipse setup. The pump may be noisy. Pluses could be: People think bubble curtains look cool.

Does anyone here have an Azoo Battery Backup Pump?

Does anyone here recommend a particular battery backup/UPS?

I got the Azoo Battery Backup Pump. It's really neat, but it's also kinda loud, though I've never had an air pump before so I have nothing to judge it against. One reason I like the Eclipse setup I have is that it's pretty darn quiet. So I turn off the air pump when it bugs me, turn it on when I want to look at the pretty bubbles :wink: or when I'm not around. And now I don't have to worry too much about power outages.

Back
Top Bottom