Back Pak choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Will have 3 in LS, 140 lbs LR (so sump) in a 100 gal.
Need hang on skimmer, do I get the SeaClone 150 or CPR Dual Pak?

Or neither?

SeaClone = crappy skimmer
Do either the dual bak-pak, or maybe look at an Aqua C Remora with the mag drive pump...or maybe a Berlin hang on. I've heard positive comments on the Turbofloaters...I think the 'multi' model is a hang-on, but their other models are sump only.

Thanks malkore. after posting this thread I did a search and found numerous complaints about the SeaClone. Money isn't an option, I just need a hang on. I was thinking of using the CPR for a place to put my GAC, but I have an EHEIM that I think I will use that for, plus the added water movement. Haven't heard too many negative comments on the Remora.

So you'd remove the bio-balls and put your carbon in there? Not a bad idea. I'm trying to figure out basically the same thing myself.

Remora Pro would be the best choice IMO.. The CPR has a venturi that clogs up almost monthly and is a pain to clean. The Aqua C requires almost no maintenece except cleaning the pump once in awhile.

So you'd remove the bio-balls and put your carbon in there?
I thought about it and looked on here and found somebody that did it. The problem was the carbon likes to float up, so he put a spnnge in there to hold it down.
Remora Pro would be the best choice IMO..
Also think the CPR would be noisier? :wink: Still haven't heard any bad press on the Remora, probably where I'm goin. Can use the canister for chem filtration.

Thanks Darin for the additional comments.

Back
Top Bottom