Backpack skimmer making weird noises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, ive had my backpack skimmer for about a year and its worked great. Ever since a few days ago it has been making these loud screeching sounds. Its very unpleasant, and it is annoying when trying to go to sleep, lol. I havnt cleaned it yet, not sure how, if if i need to. Anyone ever have this problem or kno how do fix it? Ive checked all the parts out on the skimmer, and they all seem fine.

reefmaster said:
Hey, ive had my backpack skimmer for about a year and its worked great. Ever since a few days ago it has been making these loud screeching sounds. Its very unpleasant, and it is annoying when trying to go to sleep, lol. I havnt cleaned it yet, not sure how, if if i need to. Anyone ever have this problem or kno how do fix it? Ive checked all the parts out on the skimmer, and they all seem fine.

A year with no cleaning and all its doing is screeching? You should be glad its not dead...Do yourself a favor, clean it..

Back
Top Bottom