Bak-Pak 2R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got my protein skimmer in from drsfostersmith.com and after i had it set up. I tried to go to sleep that night and i noticed that thing is loud. i knew it would be loud for a little bit. but a week later it still sounds like a plane is taking off in my room. the only reason it bothers me is because its in my room. Is there anyway that i can make it quiter or will i just have to throw it against my wall one night. When i ordered it i thought it would be quite after a while like my brothers seaclone witch you can barely hear. So is there a way i can make it quiter
Thanks alot
seacat

i use the silicone blue air hosing you can pick up at most petsotes, this is the hose that hooks up to the powerhead, i didnt think it would make it quieter, but it did.

HTH

Jeff

well i went to walmart and got some tubbing. they didnt have any of that blue tubbing so i picked up the clear. and i dont think it made any difference. i will pick up the blue tomarrow when the lfs opens.

yeah it has to be silicone tubing, the clear tubing is probably the same stuff you have on it now.

mine is very loud also and the tubing didnt help mine.... i have had mine for about 9 months

What the tubing did for mine was quieted the pump, i have 3-4 feet of slack that also helps muffle the sound. Are you using the blue silicon tubing?

i went to the lfs and they didnt have blue silicone tubing. they had green so i thought it would work since it was silicone still. i guess i will tell you when i get it all on.

I dont know if you have a petco or petsmart near you, thats where i got mine. My guess that if it is silicon it will work.

Back
Top Bottom