Bakpak 2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW, i cant beleive the difference, i just got back from the store 2 minutes ago and hooked it up, and you can barely hear the rio, i think i can hear my maxijets over the rio, maybe i should put the remaining on the MJ's. I just came on to thank you, and recommend that everybody goes and gets this tubing, best $2.50 ive spent in a long time. For reference it is Silicon Air Line Tubing made by topfin found in PetSmart. Thanks Again Rocket.

RocketSeason,

I have heard you mention lengthing the air hose quite a few times on the board. Thanks for posting the picture!!

What do you do the with extra tubing?? It almost appears to be on top of your cover. I fear that would produce shadows in the tank. It worries me if I were to let it hang behind the BakPak...that if power is lost...it could potentially cause a siphon type action and water could run all over the floor.

It also appears you have a different "muffler" on the tube than mine came from. Did you add something different to that...and does that help with noise to?

Thanks

WC

I have pulled the plug on my skimmer many times and I have never seen a syphon effect occour. And I just drape it behind the tank. IF in the highly unlikely event a syphon did occour, I will only loose about a cup of water thanks to my pre-skimmer box.

the "muffler" is acually an air valve that I can use to control the amount of air entering the skimmer. The one that came with the bak pak sucks, so instead I use one that came with my Maxi-jet Powerheads.

Hope that helps! :)

-Matt

yeah, i too have been turning off my BakPak a couple of times, since i really dont need to be skimming yet because i didnt get my LR in yet. No floods heare, very true about only loosing whats in the preskimmer box. So why do you turn off your skimmer? Does it need to be on all the Time?

Back
Top Bottom