Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-25-2005, 01:08 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
hows it sounding?

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:36 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to badfish
WOW, i cant beleive the difference, i just got back from the store 2 minutes ago and hooked it up, and you can barely hear the rio, i think i can hear my maxijets over the rio, maybe i should put the remaining on the MJ's. I just came on to thank you, and recommend that everybody goes and gets this tubing, best $2.50 ive spent in a long time. For reference it is Silicon Air Line Tubing made by topfin found in PetSmart. Thanks Again Rocket.

Filtration: 50lbs LR.com, 60lbs sand

Swimmers: 2 O. Clowns, Yellow Watchman, Firefish, Yellow Tang, Dottyback.

Clean-Up: Several snail & hermits, Skunk Cleaner, 2 Peps.

Corals: 2 zoo colonies, yellow polyps, star polyps
badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:53 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glad I could help.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Old 03-26-2005, 03:08 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

RocketSeason,

I have heard you mention lengthing the air hose quite a few times on the board. Thanks for posting the picture!!

What do you do the with extra tubing?? It almost appears to be on top of your cover. I fear that would produce shadows in the tank. It worries me if I were to let it hang behind the BakPak...that if power is lost...it could potentially cause a siphon type action and water could run all over the floor.

It also appears you have a different "muffler" on the tube than mine came from. Did you add something different to that...and does that help with noise to?

Thanks

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have pulled the plug on my skimmer many times and I have never seen a syphon effect occour. And I just drape it behind the tank. IF in the highly unlikely event a syphon did occour, I will only loose about a cup of water thanks to my pre-skimmer box.

the "muffler" is acually an air valve that I can use to control the amount of air entering the skimmer. The one that came with the bak pak sucks, so instead I use one that came with my Maxi-jet Powerheads.

Hope that helps!

-Matt

Old 03-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to badfish
yeah, i too have been turning off my BakPak a couple of times, since i really dont need to be skimming yet because i didnt get my LR in yet. No floods heare, very true about only loosing whats in the preskimmer box. So why do you turn off your skimmer? Does it need to be on all the Time?

Filtration: 50lbs LR.com, 60lbs sand

Swimmers: 2 O. Clowns, Yellow Watchman, Firefish, Yellow Tang, Dottyback.

Clean-Up: Several snail & hermits, Skunk Cleaner, 2 Peps.

Corals: 2 zoo colonies, yellow polyps, star polyps
badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 06:53 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

I turn off my skimmer to make waterchanges. otherwise it will run dry.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com