Ballast question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seachaser220

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone. Looking forward to meeting everyone and building my reef tank. I am already looking for some guidance. I am currently running coralife dual power compacts. I am having issues with a ballast. Does anyone have any idea where I may find replacement ballast. It is a 2x96 ballast. I have searched everywhere. I do not want to purchase the entire retro kit again. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Seachaser220 said:
Hello Everyone. Looking forward to meeting everyone and building my reef tank. I am already looking for some guidance. I am currently running coralife dual power compacts. I am having issues with a ballast. Does anyone have any idea where I may find replacement ballast. It is a 2x96 ballast. I have searched everywhere. I do not want to purchase the entire retro kit again. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Do you have the ballast out, or can you get to it? Find the mfg of it and contact them directly and they should sell you a new one. I've done it many times, even swapped to up/drop wattage for a unit.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Thanks. I can get to the ballast easily. I have emailed the manufacturer a couple of times already and have not received a response. Maybe I will try and find a phone number somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Seachaser220 said:
Thanks. I can get to the ballast easily. I have emailed the manufacturer a couple of times already and have not received a response. Maybe I will try and find a phone number somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

On a light I just built I had to contact the mfg to get info, found them on the net thru google and there were a bunch of distributors listed. I'd think you could find multiple outlets, or even a local shop. IME with rebuilding lights, if you find a compatible matching ballast from another mfg, swapping isn't a problem.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Back
Top Bottom