Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

battery powered gravel vac?

i paid about a $100 for a gravel vac and i really dont think it was worth it, i wanted to be able to vacuum without doing water changes all the time which for that it serves its purpose but i found out that it wont be compatible with sand if i ever use it, and the suction really isn't that great, im worried that im not cleaning enough out what are your experiences with battery powered gravel vacs? do they work for you?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have a battery powered one as well. i found it to work on super super fine sand but thats about it. There really is no way to cut down on water changes.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.tetreault View Post
i paid about a $100 for a gravel vac and i really dont think it was worth it, i wanted to be able to vacuum without doing water changes all the time which for that it serves its purpose but i found out that it wont be compatible with sand if i ever use it, and the suction really isn't that great, im worried that im not cleaning enough out what are your experiences with battery powered gravel vacs? do they work for you?
In my low moments I dream of using a powerful gravel vac to suck up these #!*& mts snails. Yes, yes, that would be cruel to the poor hapless snail but still...!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by debisbooked View Post
In my low moments I dream of using a powerful gravel vac to suck up these #!*& mts snails. Yes, yes, that would be cruel to the poor hapless snail but still...!
ahahahaha! i didnt really want to not do water changes but more of have the option to do the vac every week or every few days without doing a water change, like when i use my algae brush to clean the tank some of it ends up floating in the water and i want to be able to suck it up without taking a bunch of water out, its just frustrating because this device barely works for that!

Tags
gravel, gravel vac

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com