Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Best 48" T5HO under $150

I know the "cheaper" lights do not compare to the 500 dollar sets but I'm willing to take the risk to save money. If it has a row of LEDs to go along with the dual lights even better.
Am I asking too much? I am going with a planted community tank in my 55 gallon

DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
I love these lights.. I have 5 in different sizes - T5-ho 4ft / 2LAMP Aquarium lighting ... and there's no risk in going with them. They aren't some cheapo ebay model. I've heard good things about the oddyssea and cataline brands as well, but the fishneedit are the only brand I have experience with other than Current Nova Extremes (which are a little more pricy)

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
I also seconf the fishneedit fixture. I just got one a few weeks ago and it was a pleasant surprise for the money. Much better quality than the odyssea, I have used those as well. Both work but the fishneedit one is better quality without a doubt.
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Oh very nice! And the price is great too!
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures

Aquarium Light Fixtures: Coralife Aqualight HO T-5 Dual Lamp Aquarium Light Fixture

Aquarium HO T5 Florescent Light Fixtures: WavePoint HO T5 Fluorescent 2 Lamp Lighting System

I have a 48" Coralife, love it...however I've had to add an additional single bulb for my heavily planted 46 bow front - running co2. may well be that I'm heavily planted, but good luck. I've always had good luck with products from F/S, a couple of them are right around the $150 mark, hope this helps...
ffmedic2800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com