Best ati bulbs for reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a coral life 4 bulb fixture with 2 moon lights on my reef tank and I want to replace the stock bulbs with 4 ati bulbs. My original plan was to test 2x aqua blue specials and 2x blue plus. However I see they have a new bulb called the coral plus and It says it's 50% aqua blue special, 40% blue plus, 10% purple plus. The only thing is idk if this would be better then my other set up. If it is what combo should I get beings its parts of each would I want to just get 4x coral plus? Or should I mix them. I just want to get the best possible lighting beings I'm spending 80$ on bulbs....

the coral plus is a cross between the thre it has more blue and more orange then a normal aquablue special and puts out a tad bit more par

i realize this but the color is 2nd to the benefit the lighting has to coral growth so i want the best combination of bulbs to give optimal growth. So what would that be.

Actually when I pick out lights I want the full color spectrum as much as possible I like the aquablue, blue plus and purple plus combination. Once the purple plus burns in for a month or so then it isn't nearly as red or at least my particular bulb wasn't.

Actually when I pick out lights I want the full color spectrum as much as possible I like the aquablue, blue plus and purple plus combination. Once the purple plus burns in for a month or so then it isn't nearly as red or at least my particular bulb wasn't.

That's why I'm thinking of using 4 of the coral plus bulbs because they have the fullest color spectrum. I just don't know If that's the best combination.

i was goign to say that but i don't know how much blue is actually in themcompared to if you had a blue plus

i understand that lol but how the actuall look in color is what i meant. you still might want to throw a blue plus in

Here are what I see as my options for the set up let me know what you think is the best fit and why.

Set up 1:
Blue+
Aqua blue special
Coral+
Blue+

Set up 2:
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Coral+

Set up 3:
4x coral+

well i havent a clue on what to do and i have to tell the guy what i want today so he can order them for me...I guess ill just have to hope that i get the right set of bulbs beings no one must have any knowledge on this topic.

ton their website it sats they are having troubles with their phones and e mails so they may not answer

ton their website it sats they are having troubles with their phones and e mails so they may not answer

I have called them 4 days in a row leaving msgs with no reply. I've also emailed them and have gotten no reply its really starting to bother me because they are the only ones that I think can give me the information I'm looking for beings I have done like 4 hours of googling to try and find some information about it and have come up with nothing.

I have been advice by reef geeks to go with this set up for the best color spectrum

Blue+
Purple+
Blue+
Coral+

Back
Top Bottom