Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puengsac View Post
I personally using Fluval 306 with 55 gallon tank. It is perfect. Every easy to use!!
I was toying with the thought of a 306 or 406 for my 56 gallon tank, primarily since I have 400 gph of filtration now, and have crystal clear water, and would like to keep it that way. Would the 406 create too much current for the tank (or is the output adjustable/able to be "fanned out", etc)?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a 406 in my 55 gallon and flow doesnt seem to be an issue. If you find the flow to much you can regulate it with the shut off valve in the quick connect on top of the canister

Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmolavi View Post
I was toying with the thought of a 306 or 406 for my 56 gallon tank, primarily since I have 400 gph of filtration now, and have crystal clear water, and would like to keep it that way. Would the 406 create too much current for the tank (or is the output adjustable/able to be "fanned out", etc)?
In this case, you're not going to get that much more benefit from a 406 than a 306 since you already have a fairly high GPH filter. I'd see it as a cost savings decision .... save a little more on the 306 which will more than adequately do the job ... both as a support and/or a primary filter(should your other fail).
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon View Post
In this case, you're not going to get that much more benefit from a 406 than a 306 since you already have a fairly high GPH filter. I'd see it as a cost savings decision .... save a little more on the 306 which will more than adequately do the job ... both as a support and/or a primary filter(should your other fail).
Sorry for the confusion...I wasn't looking to add to the filtration, but replace my 2 HOB power filters with a single canister.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Ah.. Well in that case a 406 would be more than enough.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would suggest running a hob with a canister. Just creates more cleanliness and also helps add oxygen into the tank with the return.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have the Fluval 406 on my 55g reef- works great, and not too much flow. I also use a AC30 hob filter going that I have converted into a hob refugium.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I use a fluval 206 on my 50g planted along with a Fluval u2 internal filter.

The 206 handles my bioload sufficiently but I like the fail safe of having the extra U2 internal just incase one stops working.

Jon
Old 11-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have an aquatop cf300 (guessing same as fluvall 306) and a tetra whisper ex70 which is the largest of the tetra hobs. I also use a eheim siphon vac daily.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHauze View Post
I have a 406 in my 55 gallon and flow doesnt seem to be an issue. If you find the flow to much you can regulate it with the shut off valve in the quick connect on top of the canister
How long have you had your 406? I've been seeing reports of impeller noise after about 6 months that can't be resolved.

Tags
canister, canister filter, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com