Best Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks ill look into that stuff and I'm usually away no more than 12 hours from my house so hopefully nothing would happen

I set my canister in a small plastic tub so a water alarm would work great for me. It also helps me see smaller water leak because the carpet may absorb the leak

We are very lucky to have so many good cannister filters (and HOB's) compared to years ago. Fluval and Eheim are well known and been doing the filter thing a long time. One important thing to look for is the reputation for good customer support for questions and if you do have any trouble. Let's face it. Good filters ain't cheap so you want a company that will stand by you.
Now, if we could just get all the junky, worthless, falsely claimed lighting fixtures run off and some good ones with accurate, standard PAR/PUR information.
LOL, here, someone else can have the soapbox now. Later, OS.

I set my canister in a small plastic tub so a water alarm would work great for me. It also helps me see smaller water leak because the carpet may absorb the leak

Same here. Typically, if you get a leak, it's going to come from the seal on the lid.... either from an old o-ring or not re-seating it correctly after cleaning. A lid-leak is usually pretty slow, so if you shine a flashlight down in your tub occasionally, you'll see if any water's in it and can remedy the issue....

You can rub the oring with some petroleum jelly and it'll prevent it from drying out and cracking.

Back
Top Bottom