?Best Canister filter suggestion for situation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The media in my XP3 is generic media that you can get anywhere. Ceramic noodles, porous rock (like pumice) and floss. The baskets will accept whatever you place in them. I often just use loose filter floss and wad it into my Eheim 2215 instead of using their white circular pads, which are hard for me to locate here. I think most filter media can be interchangeable, even to the point of making your own HOB cartridges using the plastic frame and covering it with floss yourself.

how long does it usually take for the XP3 (or anything other filter) from bigalsonline.com to reacha destination? They nly offered one shipping but never said which, hopefully they are located in florida! :mrgreen:

For me I get my shipment usually within 3-4 days. I think they ship from Texas and NY (I have received packages from them in those two locations, anyway).

Micron Filter

Hi,
I got one question, I have a 37 gallons with 6 severums (Gonna have problem later) 2 jewel Cichlid and a Electric Yellow, most of them are like 1"-1.5". Right now I have a 125 Penguin Bio-Wheel Filter and a Fluval 204 running. I'm looking to get some kind of Micron filter, and there seem to be 2 choice, a Vortext or a Magnum with Micron, which one should I go with? I heard it isn't a good idea to let the Vortext run for long time?
Thanks

The Ehime 2217's box claims it to be good for up to about a 160 gal tank. :D

I looked at getting the marineland bio-wheel pro 60 as an addon for it, but it costs closes to the same as a emperor 400, which gives you 2 bio-wheels, and an additional increase in water flow and filtering capability.

Also petsmart in Canada has the emperor 400 on for 1/2 price this week. :D

Back
Top Bottom