Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-22-2003, 10:12 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak
Sounds good Grim. Thanks for posting the update. My Filstar is on the way, so we will have to compare notes.

JamesMJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:44 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to Apollo
I have owned an old school Eheim 2217 for 4 years now and I purchased it USED.

It is still running excellent!!

I always say never too much filtration. I strongly recommend getting twice as much filtration as you have tank volume.

For example, if you have a 55 Gallon Tank, get enough filtration for 100 gallons.

This will enable you to stock up on media within a single canister. This will eliminate the need for multiple filters with different media.

I just purchased 2 more eheims for two other tanks. Eheim's 2227 and 2229 for two tanks I'm converting over to salt.

The old School eheim has kept my 55 gallon crystal clear and WAS the only saltwater tank I have.

I turned my 45 gallon eclipse into salt recently and noticed immediately that the bio wheel filter is clearly not enough for salt.

This is the reason I ordered the eheim.

I have never used a Fluval or Filstar but I firmly believe in you get what you pay for. Just the construction of the eheim is superior. This is an investment. Don't skimp on filtration.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Benjamin Franklin
Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:25 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to Terry Send a message via MSN to Terry
IMO, Eheim, Eheim, Eheim.
Apart from getting a excellant filter, the after service is second to none (spares etc...)
" There is to much information in this hobby to learn in one lifetime "
But with the help of Aquarium Advice we can
have a good try.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:54 AM   #24
AA Team Emeritus
Eheim, Eheim, Eheim.
I have heard of Eheims running reliably for 17 years!

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

canister, eheim, filstar, fluval, tan, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com