Best deal ever!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdaniel2882

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know this probably goes in the hardware section but I wanted to make sure EVERYONE saw this. My 120 upgrade was on hold because I could not afford the lights I wanted (2 x 250 MH) everywhere I looked it was around $600 bucks.

How about this deal:
2 x Lumen Bright mini wide reflectors (109.95 each almost everywhere)
2 x Coralvue 250W Ballast (115.00 Each almost everywhere)
2 x Radium 250W 20k mogul bulb (85.00 Each almost everywhere)

So the total for this awesome light setup is 619.95:(....way out of my price range. I shut down my build thread because this is what I wanted and I was not willing to comprimise

but wait....after I looked at virtually every online vendor I came across this
Coralvue 250watt Complete Retro Kit Includes 250w ballast, Coralvue Bulb, Reflector

I couldn't believe it That system for $366:shocked!: I thought it must be a mistake. I called saltysupply.com to see if I could swap the mini wide for the mini.."Sure, no charge" I ordered it on the spot with the radium upgrade and "wide" reflectors.

Then I called my LFS...they are awesome always give me a deal. I told them about the saltysupply system and he could not believe it either. he looked it up and compared part numbers and sure enough, exactly the same system that his cost is $210.

JUMP ON THIS!!!!! Shipping is free. and first time buyer coupon code is 5OFF for an additional 5 % off all cords are included

I dare anyone to put 500 Watts over a tank for less than this. T5 PC MH whatever.

BTW
400W system for 217.98 (800 Watts for 435.96)
:invasion:

That is a pretty sick deal. You can upgrade to radiums and a lumenbright for pretty cheap as well. Nice find!

That's a great deal!
I dare anyone to put 500 Watts over a tank for less than this. T5 PC MH whatever.
I love a dare. ;)
My lighting is 3x250 MH (750w total) and it's all DIY.
Advance f-can magnetic ballast - 3 @ $21 ea = $63 (Ebay)
DIY Lumenarc Mini reflectors - 3 @ $15 ea = $45 (www.specialty-lights.com for hammertone reflective sheeting)
XM 10k bulbs - 3 @ $55 ea = $165 (That Fish Place)
Total - $273

Dunno if this is what he means, but originally that link showed the bulb, ballast and Lumenbright reflector. Now the pic shows a parabolic reflector instead which is probably $70 cheaper than the Lumenbright.

Great deal. I just got a 250w setup for $375. But that was the lumenmax elite, galaxy ballast and a coralvue 14k bulb. So yeah, great deal !! I got all mine through my LFS who had the product in house.

Back
Top Bottom