best filter for my 110l juwell tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just upgraded my tank. from a 28l to a 110l.
im not sure what the best filter would be. please help me decide. i have three in mind at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1395093622052.jpg
    1395093622052.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 81
  • 1395093648904.jpg
    1395093648904.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 1395093670607.jpg
    1395093670607.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 95
and lastly .

Attachments

• 1395093867765.jpg
    1395093867765.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 1395093886246.jpg
    1395093886246.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 70
i would just use a regular HOB filter. aquaclear gets recommended a lot here , on my 10 gallon i perfectly get by with the most simple topfin filter (that came kitted with the tank). as long as water is moving through the established media i don't think brand matters much.

personally i would not use internal filter since i like to have minimum tech things visible in my tank

i would just use a regular HOB filter. aquaclear gets recommended a lot here , on my 10 gallon i perfectly get by with the most simple topfin filter (that came kitted with the tank). as long as water is moving through the established media i don't think brand matters much.

personally i would not use internal filter since i like to have minimum tech things visible in my tank

sorry if this is a silly question but im new to this hobby. what is a HOB filter?

and lastly .

I too would go with a HOB. Those internals are such a pain to clean, take up so much room and will not do as good a job as a HOB. Can I ask what country you live in??

I too would go with a HOB. Those internals are such a pain to clean, take up so much room and will not do as good a job as a HOB. Can I ask what country you live in??

i live in England. could you show me a picture of a HOB filter please?
im not sure what it is.

i live in England. could you show me a picture of a HOB filter please?
im not sure what it is.

Right here is a link below. Trust me, I have searched for literally hours for these two filters and this is the best price for product & shipping. For your tank I would go with either a Fluval C4 or an Aquaclear 50 or 70. More experienced Aquaclear users could help with the size but I think the 70 model should be ok. Both have adjustable flow rates, so if too strong, turn it down. Both are excellent filters. Aquaclears have an excellent reputation and are extremely popular on this forum, especially with our American members. Fluval C series is also an excellent filter and is gaining a big following. It is a relatively new filter but both filters are made by the same parent company, Hagen. With either filter you will be very happy.....

External Filters for fish hagen - Miscota

Right here is a link below. Trust me, I have searched for literally hours for these two filters and this is the best price for product & shipping. For your tank I would go with either a Fluval C4 or an Aquaclear 50 or 70. More experienced Aquaclear users could help with the size but I think the 70 model should be ok. Both have adjustable flow rates, so if too strong, turn it down. Both are excellent filters. Aquaclears have an excellent reputation and are extremely popular on this forum, especially with our American members. Fluval C series is also an excellent filter and is gaining a big following. It is a relatively new filter but both filters are made by the same parent company, Hagen. With either filter you will be very happy.....

External Filters for fish hagen - Miscota

thankyou very much for your time. ill check these all out and make a decision.

thankyou very much for your time. ill check these all out and make a decision.

Glad to help. If you go with the Fluval, let me know, I have a link for cheap polyfil replacement pads....

i have a bit of a problem. they are slightly out of my price range. im looking for something that isnt cheap but not too expensive. and parts arent too expenisve either.

Check marineland biowheel ones.

Added: penguin 150 looks sufficient for your 30 gallon tank. I see it for 20$ here on amazon.

Back
Top Bottom