Best filter under $150 for 75g turtle tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nortzy21

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 75g tank with two baby red eared sliders in it. The tank is being run on a tetra whisper 60 and a zoo med 501 turtle filter. I had a Rena filstar xp-2 but the motor busted and I'm still trying to get a new one under my warranty. If that doesn't work out, I'd like to know the best filter I could have for under $150.

I appreciate any ideas!

Thanks,
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

An Eheim 2217 would work for a tank of fish that size... but turtles are a bit more messy. So maybe a pair of SunSuns (i.e. sunsun 302's) would work better? I've never used SunSuns, so cant really speak for them, but several people seem to like them. Either the Eheim or the sunsuns', should be under $150

An Eheim 2217 would work for a tank of fish that size... but turtles are a bit more messy. So maybe a pair of SunSuns (i.e. sunsun 302's) would work better? I've never used SunSuns, so cant really speak for them, but several people seem to like them. Either the Eheim or the sunsuns', should be under $150

I could still get an eheim 2217 because I already have a tetra whisper 60 running the tank.

I can vouch for the sunsun filters. I have to 302's on my 75 which is probably overkill for my under stocked tank. They are dead Silent and have been working without problem for well over a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a marine land 530 c on a 75g that my 8" eastern spiny softshell turtle lives in. It makes a very soft hum, that I can only hear when I'm actually in that room. I've seen mixed reviews on this filter. I bought it on eBay for $80 two years ago. Not a single problem at all.

Good news. I got a call from Mars fish care today and they said to send my broken Rena filstar Xp-2 filter back for a new or repaired one. So now I will be running the Rena canister filter with the tetra whisper 60. The canister filter is rated for 75g and the tetra whisper is rated for 60g so it will be a combined filtration system rated for about 135 gallons which should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom