Best Hardware a Reefer can buy..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I've been in the hobby now for about ~7 years. Like most I have spent hundreds of dollars on various equiptment some of it was/is worth every penny, while alot of it isn't worth the time of day.

So I wanted to start this thread for everyone to share what the best pieces of aquarium equiptment they've purchased, so maybe someone starting out, and/or even more seasoned reefer's looking to get new hardware can invest their hard earned money to better products..

My best/top purchases are:

1. SWC Skimmer - I've never seen a skimmer that works better!
2. RO Booster Pump - Doesn't matter what brand, if you have an RO and your supply pressure is less than 70PSI, just get one!
3. Kent Marin Float Valve - Only one I've ever tried, but it's flawless.
4. Easy Blade - If you have coralline growing on your glass, you NEED this!
5. Diamond Watchman Goby - Okay, I know this is a Fish not hardware, but they do a better job of cleaning your sand and keeping it clean than ANY hardware could do!

-TheChad

I'm interested in switching skimmers as the one I am running is so noisy! Do different brands run quieter than others?

I need a HoB too, obviously that is the problem right there.

Also-- is a scooter blenny less effective than a diamond watchman?

I already have a scooter, would they be compatible in a 55 fowler tank?

I'm interested in switching skimmers as the one I am running is so noisy! Do different brands run quieter than others?

I need a HoB too, obviously that is the problem right there.

Also-- is a scooter blenny less effective than a diamond watchman?

I already have a scooter, would they be compatible in a 55 fowler tank?

I don't know how SWC's HOB skimmer works, but I would try it with out second thought based on my experience with their other skimmers. The only skimmer I've used as an HOB was the coralife super skimmer 65, which could be used as an HOB or in-sump, I used it both ways, it wasn't noisy either way, but it also doesn't come close to SWC's performance.

A scooter blenny is nothing like a diamond watchman goby.

I Scooter blenny eats pod's almost exclusivly and doesn't sift sand. The Diamond watchman goby sifts sand constantly and eats algae, shrimp, pods, almost any type of food.

The Diamond Watchman Goby shouldn't have any issues with the scooter blenny, other than he may eat some of the pod's that are the scooter blenny's primary food source.

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom