Best heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Best small heater for a nano aquarium

Marine land? Fluval? I don't know what to get. People's reviews on marine lands website about their heaters left very bad reviews. But my LFS says marine lands the best because I'm looking for a adjustable 25-50 watt at the most. And I know many nano heaters aren't adjustable, so any thought or suggestions on what I should buy for my 2 and 5 gallon aquariums? The 2 gallon is a fluval spec 3 so I don't really want to go over 10-25 watts on that one because I live in a generally hot area already. But I need a reliable heater that's adjustable idc about how it looks. Ill probably end up hiding it.

I don't know about heaters for a tank that size, but I've got an Eheim in our 40 and it works perfectly. The temp never moves. It is 80 degrees w/o exception.

The smallest most reliable heater with an adjustable thermostat that i use in a couple of my nano tanks is the 25w Hydor Theo.

For anything larger than a nano or 10 gallons for that matter, I'd go with an Aqueon Pro Heater.

Hydor theo's are by far the best Heaters I've ever used. The lowest they make is 25w, I think, but I have them on all my tanks 2.5+ without any issues.

The major bonus with them is that they are able to be ran dry if you forget to unplug it during a water change one day, it's a live saver for my wallet and fish atleast once a month!

Hydor theo's are by far the best Heaters I've ever used. The lowest they make is 25w, I think, but I have them on all my tanks 2.5+ without any issues.

The major bonus with them is that they are able to be ran dry if you forget to unplug it during a water change one day, it's a live saver for my wallet and fish atleast once a month!

That's awesome! I could defiantly learn to love the hydro theo then! Ill check into that, I have plenty of room now for a heater so I am confident I can fit a 25 watt now :)

Back
Top Bottom