Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
best heater

I know this is a matter of opinion but, what is the choice of most when it comes to heaters. I'm using a finnex digital heater in both my fresh and salt water tanks. I've had no problems with the one in my fresh tank but lately the one in my salt tank has been shutting off. I have to push the button down several times before it comes back on. I'm thinking it might have to do with the salt water ? I'm taking it out today for a good cleaning but thinking about getting a new heater. Is it better to have n external controller for your heater ? Seems that it would be a good idea because the controller part of the heater is outside your tank away from salt...

sansouci01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had great experiences with AqueonPro heaters. They're "shatter-proof" and have been in my tanks for a couple years. Always kept the tank at the temp I wanted.

swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Eheim Jaeger or aqueon Pro. Equally reliable based on amazon verified owner reviews. Most other brands have up to 40% failure rate within 2 years. Really scary. Failure = cooked fish.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app
mattcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Tough one. Also based on opinion. Look at Eheim Jager. It has pretty solid reviews.
dcutl002 is online now   Reply With Quote

ate, eat, eater, heat, heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com