best heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know this is a matter of opinion but, what is the choice of most when it comes to heaters. I'm using a finnex digital heater in both my fresh and salt water tanks. I've had no problems with the one in my fresh tank but lately the one in my salt tank has been shutting off. I have to push the button down several times before it comes back on. I'm thinking it might have to do with the salt water ? I'm taking it out today for a good cleaning but thinking about getting a new heater. Is it better to have n external controller for your heater ? Seems that it would be a good idea because the controller part of the heater is outside your tank away from salt...

I've had great experiences with AqueonPro heaters. They're "shatter-proof" and have been in my tanks for a couple years. Always kept the tank at the temp I wanted.

Eheim Jaeger or aqueon Pro. Equally reliable based on amazon verified owner reviews. Most other brands have up to 40% failure rate within 2 years. Really scary. Failure = cooked fish.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom