Best HOB Overflow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyingL0

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been reading up for the past few days on different types of overflows but all I seem to find is mixed reviews. I think I have scratched the CPR models of my list because of lots of stories of difficult operation. What others are out there.

I have heard some good things about the Marine Land SOS overflow box but I am unsure of the dimensions. Does anyone have this one?

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22327;category_id=2981

Please post up your experiences with different types of HOB overflows.

Where do you have room to fit a HOB 'fuge on a 10g? I'd just put as much rock as possible in it with a decent skimmer... that's about all you should need with weekly 1-2g water changes.

Btw, crack *is* less addictive than saltwater aquariums.... ;)

LIFEREEF!!!
I have no connection whatsoever with the company but the Lifereef HOB overflows are just perfect.
I've had one on my 90 for 2+ years. Never had a problem, and I never worry about power outages.
The standard of construction is also great.
They aint cheap but they are good.
Only recomendation is to fit a modified small Durso to quiet it and use eggcrate on the internal bit to keep the critters from being sucked in!

What negative things have you heard about the CPR overflows? I've had one on mine for some time and it has always worked perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom