Best HOB skimmer for a 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the best hang on the back protein skimmer for a 55 gallon? I only have 5 inches from the back of the tank to the wall. I was thinking about getting a Turboflotor 1000 multi but it's 6 1/2 inches wide. So now I'm considering Red Sea's Prizm Pro Deluxe. I read it's 3 1/2 inches wide. Does anyone have any experience or pro and cons about this skimmer?TIA

I use the seaclone 150 I think works good for me. I have heard its not the best HOB skimmer but It produces a lot of waste and has a large collection cup.

CPR BakPak 2

I have one. It's easy to use and does a good job. I've read where most agree with steve r on the Remora but the BakPak is a close second and is a little less expensive. I think it is rated for a 55 gal.

Stephen

i bought one, did more research and sent it back before i even opened it. the CPR bak pak is also very good.

steve r

coralife super skimmers are sup[posed to be really good skimmers

Prism's are junk and will never even hold a candle to something like an Aqua C Remora.
Remora's your best bet, with a CPR bak-pak in a close second.

I'm loving my aquac remora, it takes about 3" on the back and it skims like crazy. A little expensive but worth it!! :D

I have experience with both the regular Prism and the Prism Pro... the regular Prism should cause their company to go out of business for how piss-poor it is. However, the Prism Pro is significantly better than the regular model. Cheap, effective, excellent skimmate, easy to tweak (biggest pain in the @$$ about the regular model) and works exceedingly well on a 210g with several large fish.

My only complaint would be the noise it generates (like an additional decibel or two, not anything really significant).

Back
Top Bottom