Best LED for low tech tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joany

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm a newbie with a 55 gallon planted aquarium. Eco-complete, root tabs, flourish 2x per week. Currently have a marineland double bright led that came with it from craigslist. The guy I bought it from did not have plants, lights do not extend full length of the tank (extension legs, I think the lights are 36 inches).

Looking to upgrade, love LED's but don't want to break the bank, or get something that will require injected CO2. Essentially want something that will allow me to see thriving growing plants (Anubias, Madagascar lace, crypts and Myrio filigree right now).

Would love your recommendations, also, if you think I should be doing anything different with my ferts. Thank you aquarium experts! This forum has already been a big help to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One stingray would only work with super low light plants. With a planted plus you could have more options. I think the lace would need it

I just found out I don't have Madagascar lace--I have apons. I was kind of debating between the finnex planted plus and the current satellite plus. Is there much difference in what I could grow between those two lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have read that the current has less par, but it may not. I know the dinner works well as my brother and I grow medium to high plants with liquid carbon and micro and mmacro ferts. The build of the current looks decent. Maybe someone that has had both can chime in.

Back
Top Bottom