Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Best light

My wife finally let me get my 125. I'm still looking for the right stand, and trying to figure out what light I should get for it. 6ft led's aren't cheep, but then again, I don't know if I want to go with T5's. any suggestions?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

What are you planning to do with it? If your willing to put the money out, I would always suggest LEDs for planted of reef. Just make sure whatever you get, you focus on the right spectrum of light needed as well as intensity.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's all Africans, no plants. Wanting their colors to pop. THe led I have on my 55 is nice, but a 6 foot one is out of my budget.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I was gonna reccomend the led light I got but when I looked it appears the bigger is 5ft and you need six so it man not work out but I'll post it anyways just in case.

Here a link to the light. It's Current USA satellite freshwater LED+ it's got some pretty cool features and is plenty bright on my 140g tank. My tank is 30" deep and 4' long and the 48" light lights it up very well. I usually even use a dimmer setting and not the brightest one. If your at all handy I'm sure you could diy a mount for it cheap and easy. I know its a little shorter but figured id throw it out as a possible option for you anyways.

Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED+ Fixture: LED Aquarium Light Fixtures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com