Best light for planted 75 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry225

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gal tank with 3 Anubis and still with stock light. I'd like to grow low to medium light plants and want the best light. 24 in deep 48 long. I have to order a light tonight so it can get here the same day as the 8 other plants I ordered. All low to medium light. Here is my order.
Anubias Hastifolia 1
Aponogeton Madagascariensis 2
Oriental 2
Ludwigia Ovalis 2
Java Fern 1
Contortion Val 2
I've looked at so many list of the best lights for fresh water planted aquariums and then I pull it up on Amazon and people say it's crap.

Last edited:
You'll always find bad reviews on Amazon, because some people do get lemon products, others just like to complain. Consider the ratio of good to bad and look at the most highly rated good and bad reviews. I find that helps.

As for lighting, I'd think you'd be fine with two Finnex stingrays, among other choices.

Look not only at the ratio, but also what those reviews are saying. Are they talking about how the box isn't pretty, the construction seemed shoddy, or the entire fixture exploded? Sometimes people give a product a bad review if they got something different than what they ordered.

I'm very new to lighting, but I'll tell you I just sent back a Nicrew LED. I left a bad review on Amazon about it. ?

Lar...

If you keep to undemanding plants, then a four bulb shop light from the hardware store will work. You can hang the fixture above the tank or use a bifold canopy and the fixture can sit directly on the canopy. The lights are florescent and stay cool, so there's very little heat. The fixture and four 48 inch, T8, 32 watt bulbs will cost roughly $50.00 and the bulbs last well over a year, before they should be replaced.

Change most of the tank water every few days to keep the trace element and oxygen levels high for the plants. You'll have a nicely planted tank in a few weeks.

B

Lar...

If you keep to undemanding plants, then a four bulb shop light from the hardware store will work. You can hang the fixture above the tank or use a bifold canopy and the fixture can sit directly on the canopy. The lights are florescent and stay cool, so there's very little heat. The fixture and four 48 inch, T8, 32 watt bulbs will cost roughly $50.00 and the bulbs last well over a year, before they should be replaced.

Change most of the tank water every few days to keep the trace element and oxygen levels high for the plants. You'll have a nicely planted tank in a few weeks.

B

Ahh yes. The good Ole hardware store shop light....
Op- what's your budget?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom