Best lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is a really good florescent bulb that will bring my fish's colors a lot and still grow minimal light plants. I have a t8 8000k 17 watt aqueon full spectrum daylight and it makes my water look a little cloudy because its too bright

Check out the aquaglo bulbs they have at petsmart. I use it on my discus tank and it makes their colors pop.

I have marineland LEDs for reef and man does everything pop. Plus cheap to run. Only dwn side a little pricey. Paid half the price on eBay new compared to pet store

Best Lighting

Hello Tiger...

The recommended lighting for aquatic plants is a 6500 K bulb. This light blue spectrum color best mimics natural daylight at 5500 K.

A T8 GE Aquarium Plant bulb is around $10.00 at the local hardware stores. I use these in my low light tanks and can grow at least a dozen different plants. Tropical fish are indifferent to lighting, but look good under the 6500 K bulb.

B

It just seems too bright and my water looks a little "cloudy" my background looks exactly like the blue ones at most fish stores in the tanks and on my tank it barely even looks navy blue. My mom saw when i put in on and said how good the black background looks lol.

It just seems too bright and my water looks a little "cloudy" my background looks exactly like the blue ones at most fish stores in the tanks and on my tank it barely even looks navy blue. My mom saw when i put in on and said how good the black background looks lol.

If the water looks cloudy when you put a brighter light over the tank, then it probably is a bit cloudy. I have 65w over a 29g tank and 216w over a 75g tank, and both look crystal clear. Do a few decent sized PWCs and clean the inside and outside of the glass.

My 75g has 2 10000k T5s and 2 6700K T5s. The light over my 29g is a 65w CF of the 6700k flavor.

I do pwc of 20% or more every other day. I just cleaned the outside and now ill use an algae magnet on the inside

Water just gor in between the background and tank glass and the area where the water is is bringht blue! I used tape to put it on. Would that special seaclear/seaview stuff make it better and bright blue?

Water just gor in between the background and tank glass and the area where the water is is bringht blue! I used tape to put it on. Would that special seaclear/seaview stuff make it better and bright blue?

A trick I've seen a lot of people do, other than painting the back of the tank, is to spread vegetable oil between the background and the tank. Once you get all of the bubbles out(using a credit card, squeegee, or ruler to flatten everything out) it really pops.

Wow thats wierd but im gonna give it a try. So just a tiny bit im guessing then

Just used oil and its like magic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its sooooooo amazing now! Thanks a lot

Thats after the oil! On my profile u can see a before picture.

Attachments

• image-3369692861.jpg
    image-3369692861.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom