Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Can you give me a link.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau_123 View Post
Can you give me a link.
Try this...

https://www.google.com/search?q=best...&client=safari

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong View Post

If you want the best imo for 300$ a piece you can build a 120w led fixture using cree leds and a meanwel driver imo use 60/40 blue/white add a couple uv and youll have what i think is close to mh without any heat and low power consumption
Can you send me a link to the lights.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I do not want to spend $300+ on lights can I just use 2 of the metal halides that I posted the link from before.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau_123 View Post
I do not want to spend $300+ on lights can I just use 2 of the metal halides that I posted the link from before.
Those arent for reefs try bulk reef supply
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

A light is under 300 bucks you may have trouble finding one that you need for anemones and clams. The light is one of the most important if not the most important piece of equipment in a reef system. when I first started saltwater I didnt know much an many of my lfs just wanted to sale me over priced lights. I asked them questions they gave me answers that wasnt true. They said the t5 light I had would grow many corals including anemones. I have t5 2bulbs I trusted them and got the anemone. Ive had it for about 8 months still alive no color. I just bought leds for my 140 which I will be setting up soon. But I wish I put forth more money and research on to what my aquarium needed. My aquarium right now is a 55g and the only color I have in my tank is gsp and mushrooms. Softies you can get away with, with any light pretty much. They have leds that many people use tao tronic and bridgelux. Ive heard many people who hVe had success clams anemones and sps type corals. If you decide to get these get dimmable it will make you life easier. With these on a 48 in long tank you will need 2 fixtures. So you can spend between 325- 500 on led lights. There is another brand my friend is getting its called "kessil a150s" these are suppose to be pretty good leds also. They are small you will need 2 of these also. They run about 225 each I think. Rapid led you can the kits they also have solderless kits you pretty much glue and connect idk the price for the 55g kit though. I read parts of the forum I didnt click on any of the link with metal halids I would get a known brand atleast for the ballast bc I would afraid that ones like on ebay there ballast may burn out to quick they are prolly poorly made. Also you may end up buying a chiller to keep ur tank cooler bc the metal halid with raise the temp if not enough airflow between the light fixture and water.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

With the rapid led what colors would I need and how many LEDs.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

48 leds total 18cw 20rb 6uv 2r 2g.
you will need prolly 3 or 4 dimmable drivers heatsink(s) which ever u prefer. Get the solderless leds it will be easier to put togeather.

You can always send them a email. And ask what you need for a 55 g reef aquarium. You to beable to have sps anemones and clams. They will give you all the information to put it togeather after they tell you go add it to your cart and thats how much it will cost. Tell them you want the solderless leds.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardclaxton View Post
48 leds total 18cw 20rb 6uv 2r 2g.
you will need prolly 3 or 4 dimmable drivers heatsink(s) which ever u prefer. Get the solderless leds it will be easier to put togeather.

You can always send them a email. And ask what you need for a 55 g reef aquarium. You to beable to have sps anemones and clams. They will give you all the information to put it togeather after they tell you go add it to your cart and thats how much it will cost. Tell them you want the solderless leds.
It is a great idea, they have solid customer service and would be willing to help
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yea I was gpong to make some but ended up getting some led lights for xmas. They helped alot. You could even get the kit for 75 gal

Tags
light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com