Best lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what is the best light out there brand,type,exactly.:confused:

AquaTop SkyLED 36" Aquarium Light - 378 LEDs are these good

I really don't think anyone can tell you which one is the "best" light out there.

The AquaTop SkyLED 36" Aquarium Light is using all <1w or 0.5W per led.
The pros?
Cheap
The cons?
The are less than 1w per LED which means they can't really penetrate that deep into the tank. It is a lot less efficient than the 3W bulbs.
And most of these are generic brand LED and you can't really tell about the LED quality.

In order for you to choose the right fixture,
You should plan ahead.
What are you going to keep in your tank?
How much is your budget?
Are you capable DIY and still feel good about the product you make?

There isn't really a fixture out there can be efficient and low cost at the same time.

The less efficient fixtures/LEDs usually mean they are much cheaper, such as those fixtures using bridgelux LED chips.
However, it can't beat CREE or ES luxeon in quality. (PAR/PUR output)
The cheaper fixtures can also mean less control over the fixture, some of them only have on/off bottun such as the Onyx made by the DYI guru rapidled.
Some of them has some control such as dimmable knod but has no timer, such as the Reef Breeder value fixtures.
And some of them has timer/auto dimmable option etc which is like some higher cost fixture made by reefbreeder or those that I carry.

And the last one would be those that can have extra gimmick such as cloudy effect/lighting effect/wireless controller etc.

So all these are all depend on you. All these fixtures are able to do a great job when apply them properly.

Well I am planning to keep nems and clams I have heard that those require a lot of light so then I can keep what ever else I want too.

So how many bulb fixture would I need for a t5.

48" 216W 4x54 T5 HO Aquarium Light Marine Reef Fish Tank Fluorescent Actinic LED this good.

Well I am planning to keep nems and clams I have heard that those require a lot of light so then I can keep what ever else I want too.

48" 216W 4x54 T5 HO Aquarium Light Marine Reef Fish Tank Fluorescent Actinic LED this good.

Anyone know if this is a good one.
As was mention in your other thread.....
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/help-on-lights-239724-4.html
A 4 bulb T5 fixture is not enough light for an anemone.

I can tell you I have a 110 gallon 48" wide tank. I ordered the aquatop light and was super excited, when it got here I was soo disappointed the light felt cheaply made and it barely lit up the top 1/4 of my tank. This is just my experience but thought I'd let you know.

You would need and 8 bulb t5... why not get metal halide? Or taotronics make a good cheap led...

What type of metal halides would I need.

For a 55 Gallon get a 2 bulbed 150 watt each fixture... that will be plenty... I got my fixture on craigslist and I love it. But that will be plenty of light to grow anything

Can't really find a specific website. Just do your research and look on Craigslist for a deal.

Back
Top Bottom