Best lights for a medium lighted 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've been googling through many forums and articles about what would be the best light to choose. I don't know if it's just me but I cant seem to find any help.

I just want something that would grow plants easily.

Lighting solutions for a 10gal aren't the easiest to come by. There are two good choices on the page I linked below... The cf fixture or the LED fixture on that page rated for 10 gals would be wonderful medium light fixtures for a 10. The price isnt cheap... But I can tell you from experience that their fixtures are high quality.

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_74

This one works great for my purposes. When I started this tank it was my first planted and first sand bottom. It's more of a learning test for me. Once I move I will be setting up and building much larger tanks this is just a majorly scaled down version of future plans lol.

Ah aqua forest would be the place for that then :)! Great design... But you pay for it.

One thing to check as I am not sure your tank is rimless: the clamp only opens to 1/2 inch.

picture_117 said:
I was looking at their lights & cube gardens too, but... maybe when I'm older :whistle:

I have 2 complete cube garden setups. I love em :)

One thing to check as I am not sure your tank is rimless: the clamp only opens to 1/2 inch.

Yes it is! I noticed that and brought out my ruler, it'll work! lol.
Btw if you have any experience or can point me in the direction, would it be possible to convert another 10 with black trim into rimless?

Yes... It is possible. I have never done it. If you post another thread on that in the hardware forum I am sure someone with some experience could offer better guidance on that.

Back
Top Bottom