Best online retailers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MagicMan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are the best websites to buy supplies/decorations and/or live fish, plants & shrimp from?

Looking to not spend a fortune @ Petsmart & petco + have a decent variety of options.

Agreed. When my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas from her parents I said hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... a Liveaquaria Gift Card. I'm looking forward to picking out some new fish after Christmas. That is for the "Live" side of things. I use marinedepot mainly for supplies because they price match and they are local for me. But when it comes to Christmas present, I figured the Live side would be more fun.

I love Liveaquaria.com! Ok, so I haven't actually ordered anything from them, but I have ordered lots from Drs. Foster & Smith (partner site) and they are the best. A couple years ago I bought a heater from them and tested it in a bucket to see how accurate it really was. I had problems with the first 2 heaters and within 2 days I got a packaging slip to send them back. The third one works perfectly and am still using it. Amazing customer service.

I use petmountain for supplies and sweet aquatics for plants, you can also try aquabid for fish and supplies.

Drs Foster and Smth (and LiveAquariu)
That Pet Place
Marine Depot
are the three I use most often

For fish I try to use a lfs as the shipping costs turn the attractive online costs to the prohibitive side unless you are ordering a lot of items.

+1 Petmountain.com. I've also had good luck with eBay and Craislist; but you have to be careful as always.

Back
Top Bottom