Best place for my heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan G.

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have it in my wet/dry filter right where the water drains from the aquarium to my sump. it is a tight sqeeze and i was wondering if i should just move it to my tank. i have been able to maintain my temp in the 78 degree range but have noticed that it will flucuate during the day, mainly from around 78.3-78.8degrees. is the temp ok as long as it stays in the 78 degree range? I use the pro heat 350w titanium on a 75 gl tank by the way.

During the day it increases probably as a result of either warmer room temperatures or the effect of your lights. A 1 degree swing is totally fine.

How about 2-3 degree swing? At night mine is at 80 but in the day it sometimes gets up to 83

A 3 degree swing is on the verge of being to much. If your only fish is the lion then you might be alright. You have PC lighting I see. Do you have a glass top on the tank? IF so if you open the lid how does that affect your temperature increase? Can you position a fan blowing onto your wet/dry? This will boost evaporation but also decrese the day time temps. You could put it on the light timmer so it didnt cool the tank at night.

Yes I do have a galss top. I will open the lid today and see if it helps at all. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom