Best power filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about Fluval C-Series Power Filters? Anyone used them? I was looking at them and I can't figure out which size I need, none of the sites said. Also, do you have to use the carbon inserts or can I use something different in place of them.

I'm not a fan of cartridge based filtration system, so I couldn't say. I had an Aqueon a few years back and I spent more on just the cartridges in a year, than what my AC50 cost me retail.

So the aquaclears don't have cartridges? I hate cartridges too :p

I like Aquaclears, Eheims, Renas. I also have a Marineland which is a nice unit as well. All the top manufacturers produce a quality product.

Isn't there a bag of carbon in ac and fluval? Don't you have to replace that like every month?

Okay, I think I'll go with the ac or the fluval (they are basically the same thing) Thanks for all your help!

I heard you can buy poly fill at fabric stores, is it called poly fill or is there a different name for it there?

George9 said:
I heard you can buy poly fill at fabric stores, is it called poly fill or is there a different name for it there?

Yep, that's the name, poly-fil. I use "Fairfield" brand and know it's safe. Just make sure that's there's no fire retardants, mildew reducers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom