Best Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickh

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you consider to be the best powerhead?? I have used Aquiclear 70s and the Maxi-jet 1200. The Aquiclear is a little more expensive but pumps more water. The Maxi-jet maybe a little better built. Thanks R

I have used the Maxi-jets and like them alot. They are the only ones that I have really used so can't say they are the best but I like them alot.

I too prefer the Maxijets. They have a great flow, so it appears that if it is reated at 295gph, it sure seems like it. I have had some that put out minimal flow that were rated high in the past. In addition, the MJ's are cheap enough.

Mike

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Tunze Turbelle streams yet. But ya I don't have them yet but that's my vote on good powerheads :).

Chris

I have the older Hagen 802 (now the 70) and MaxiJets 1200's. I prefer the MaxiJets. The ouput remains high. They are easy to clean and maintain and they are smaller.

ihave never had a maxi fail and i have never had one returned. And i have sold over 300 of them. They are the best.

Awesome

I'm setting up a tank and need a couple PH...judging by the input in this thread I think I'll go for maxi-jet's. I have a 30 gal FW tank with marineland's penguin PH, I wanted the Maxi-jet's but my LFS does not carry the maxi-jet's only the penguin's.

Back
Top Bottom