Best powerheads for 20 gal long nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am just curious as to what you guys would use on my tank and what you guys use in yours

Post what your tank size is and how many and what you use...

I was looking at 2 koralia 240gph powerheads for my 20 gal long?

I would pass on the 240's and get two 425's. :)

I have two 425's in my regular length 20g and it's barely enough. You could even go to 550 probably if you get the angles right.

I would pass on the 240's and get two 425's. :)

I have two 425's in my regular length 20g and it's barely enough. You could even go to 550 probably if you get the angles right.

awesome i was hoping you would answer my questions thanks a milli whats the cheapest place to get these

eBay is probably the cheapest, but if you want a regular store front, check out amazon.com, marinedepot.com or even petsolutions.com. ( I got mine at petsolutions, was alittle cheaper than the others at the time)

Just did some searching and yep, $23 for a 425 is pretty cheap. :)

Just don't forget, get 2 of them the same size one for each side of the tank.

Just did some searching and yep, $23 for a 425 is pretty cheap. :)

Just don't forget, get 2 of them the same size one for each side of the tank.

got two of them and also threw in 2 drip acclimation kits for 2 bucks apiece so it would be free shipping...got two 425s and two acclimation kits for 50 bucks....

do you need a kit i will mail you one when i get it as a thank you lol i only needed one but got two to save six bucks on shippng lol

Oh, no thanks, I'm set. :-D Thanks for the offer though!

keep those kits, I do, you never know when you might need some airhose one day. I get them free whenever i order fish. lol

Oh, no thanks, I'm set. :-D Thanks for the offer though!

keep those kits, I do, you never know when you might need some airhose one day. I get them free whenever i order fish. lol

where do you order fish ? and no problem!! also where and who has ORA Fish?

I've ordered fish from: liveaquaria, petsoltuions, aquacon and reefs2go. Live aquaria is by far the best out of the bunch.

It's hard to find ORA online, at least for me. i think aquacon has them. Usually i get my ORA fish from my lfs.

In my 20 long I have a ac110 and closed loop with a maxi jet 900.

I have a 20gal long with an xp3 canister and spraybar. I angle the spraybar at the surface for agitation. Then in one end of the tank I have a koralia 550 angled up and at the opposite tank wall. Tank is spotless and circulation is even throughout. I have a gramma and two tank raised false percs in the tank. Just going to start adding corals in the near future. Have an esopps psk100 skimmer hanging on the back. So far so good.

How many gph is your canister I have one too at 264 gph with spray bar and can you post a pic like where do you have your spray at top ??

Back
Top Bottom