Best Protein Skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Protein Skimmer?

• Berlin Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seaclone

• Kent Marine

• AquaC

• ViaAqua

• Total voters

ace1uno_00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to purchase one soon.
I want to know which is the best investment and why and what should i stay away from.
And if there arent any i listed please let me know.
Thanks

I love my AquaC :D I use the aquaC remora pro. It's very easy to install, runs quiet and is very efficient.

I also have two seaclones. They are ok but can't compare to the aquaC.

Fluff.. How many gallons does the system you have the aquaC skimmer installed on have? Im unsure of its capasity thats all..

others Ive heard good things about are the needle wheel based skimmers..
such as.
Euro reef
and ASM

actually the advice Ive read most says to get the biggest ASM you can afford that will fit in your sump.. LOL

I was looking at the AquaC also.
The design seems simple to use and its a overall better looking unit.

anyone else?

well ace.. I dont know if you know who Anthony is.. but after reading alot about skimmers I ran across his recomendations for skimmers.. after he went through discussing how to implement skimmers for better production of skimmulate he posted this..

Anthony Calfo on reefcentral's expert forums said:
FWIW... the best skimmers I've even used (total skimmate volume/quality) were those DIY Nilsen style skimmers. But admittedly, they are large, ugly, noisy and more (daily) work to keep going.

Nowadays... I am quite content with an ASM, Euro-Reef, or Aqua C skimmer. There are plenty of other great skimmers out there. I just figured I'd save somebody the keystrokes to type what brands I thought were good values

So it seems to me you have gotten pretty good recomendations so far.. :p

I did not see excalibur on your poll. That`s what I have and I love it. But opinions are like armpits we have two of them and they both stink. Have a good day :D

I use an Aqua C EV180 on a 90 gallon tank an am VERY pleased with the results and especially ease of maintenance.

Ok ace.. I tryed to hold back on my opinon some.. LOL
check out the skimmers on this site and see what kind of value they are...
http://www.asmskimmer.com/
I dont think AquaC or EuroReef are going to beat the price and performance of the ASM.. JMHO though..

Back
Top Bottom