Best spill proof 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanNovice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I rent and allowed to keep a max of a 10 gallon tank.

I know disasters cant be totally prevented and anything can happen but I want to get the best possible tank I can.

Maybe something acrylic and with some failsafes?

Let me know what you would recommend. My budget can be pretty high for this.

Ideally I can have a saltwater tank but not a hard requirement.

Thanks

Located in San Francisco.

I see. From my research I think I'll be getting a SearClear tank. Maybe some water sensors /alarms

Keep at least a bath towel or beach towel handy when you're working on your tank and don't walk away from a siphoning hose. I learned that the hard way...

Don't know that you'd need an alarm or sensor unless you're running a sump pump / overflow system.
And leave some room between the top of your water level and the top of your tank. My tanks are close to walls and if I should bump one of them I can get a tidal wave onto the floor. DOH! :eek:

One of the boot holders (for muddy or wet boots) which are kinda rubber and have a tray for catching water could be useful perhaps during water change time.

Acrylic tanks are bonded and would be likely the most secure option. Since you will be buying it, consider a 20G high which fits in the same space as a 10G and of course 2x the capacity. Oops just reread the 10G issue! Nix that 20G!

Back
Top Bottom