Best Tongs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Togliat

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I ran a search but did not find much information regarding aquarium tongs.
I want some to make managing my planted, FW aquarium a little easier.
The tank is 32" tall overall, but the water column is 24" tall.

I would prefer to spend more and get a nice set of tongs, than less for a set that does not grip well, or reach deep enough.
I am searching various web sites but the reviews are lacking in detail or non-existent.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply! How tall are they? Do you think they would reach 24" deep?
(they'll be better than what I have now, which is nothing)

The finger grip is at 26 inches from the point of the grabbing jaws. So you should have 2 inches to spare. I actually love this contraption. I move plants, small pieces of driftwood and it has an interchangeable scissor that lets you trim plants. Just don't expect it to pick up rocks or large items as the jaws can only open about 3/4 inch. If you have a local PETCO you could check out their model as I'm not sure about the length of that one..but I know it was about 1/2 the cost ;)

Ok, thanks for the extra detail, I appreciate it! I'll swing by PetCo.

On sale at petsmart for $8.47!. I've been eyeing something like this for a while. Couldn't pass up this price. Will let you know how it works. 4 or 5 web reviews are positive

Back
Top Bottom